Your Global Partner for Innovative Connectivity Solutions
- Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that connect, protect and control critical applications in the medical market.
- Reliability is the essential attribute in the leading edge technologies that we utilize.
- We offer proven quality and innovative connectivity solutions, constantly adapting our products to tomorrow’s needs while meeting our customer requirements.
- We leverage our application specific expertise to design and manufacture superior connectors, cable assemblies and RF components that ensure optimal performance, durability and safety.
- Surgical Robots
- Surgical Equipment
- Hybird Operating Room
- Infusion Pumps
- Patient Monitoring
- Dental Tools – Chairs
- Portable & Wearable Devices
- Home Health Monitors
- Automated External Devices
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- CT Scanning System
- Digital X-ray
- Position Emission Tomography
- Electrophysiology Catheters
- Invasive Probes
- Painless Needle System
- Blood Gas Analyzers
- Position Emission Tomography
We integrate the highest performance contact technologies into a broad range of interconnect systems that provide reliable performance and protection against breakdown. Our broad suite of connectivity solutions comply with regulatory and application specific requirements and enjoy a reputation of excellence in the marketplace.
NEW Product Highlight
Cost-effective design for standard cycle life applications
HyperGrip® Flex is designed to meet medical industry requirements such as finger-proofing to IEC60601, flammability rated to UL94 V0, and compliance with most sterilization methods. It is equipped with high density screw machined tested and qualified contacts.
The new Hypergrip® Flex embeds all benefits of the existing Hypergrip® connector within a cost-effective design for standard cycle life applications.
The advanced keying system allows customers to build connectors with six different keyed versions of the same standard connector reducing lead time and inventory.
- Low Level Contact Resistance (LLCR) compared to standard contacts available in the market
- High density with 0,4 mm diameter socket contacts
- Low insertion and extraction forces: connector mates and de-mates smoothly with low force reducing
- Standard industry cycle life: the contact provides industry standard cycle life of at least 2K cycles, for general medical applications.
- Lower Cost of Ownership: the machined crimp contact allows for high volumes and lower costs with simplified “Crimp and Poke” assembly vs traditional nested solder contacts.
- RoHS III compliant materials
Dedicated Medical Product Team with over 100 years of collective experience
- 4-Step Design Process
- Collaborated visits to understand customers’ requirements
- Conceptual designs / cost estimates
- Prototype / Proof of Concept
- Pre-production to Production
- Complete end-to-end solutions for the Imaging, Diagnostic and Therapeutic markets
- Scalability: “massive to micro”
- Custom housings & cable assemblies
- Non-magnetic components - including cables
- Environmental sealing
- Bicompatible and medical grade materials
- Rapid prototyping
- Extensive test laboratory
- Highest performance contact technologies continually driving down cost of ownership
The leader in AEDs required a rugged, simple to use, connector with both power and signal contacts to charge their device and download patient information while being transported in an ambulance.
Eclipta™ Connects Electrophysiology Catheter
A manufacturer of cutting edge medical devices was developing a new cardiac ablation system to treat heart arrhythmias. They required a highly reliable, but cost effective, interconnect between a single use catheter and a reusable cable that must be sterilized between patients, a total of 10 to 20 times.
HyperGrip® Connector Series SynCardia’s Freedom® Portable Artificial Heart
Customer: SynCardia Systems
Location: Tuscon, Arizona
Date: November 2010